Friday, May 27, 2011

It made my day!

I love putting the kids to bed. They are SO good about going to bed, it has never been a struggle for us like it is for some. I love reading to them, giving them kisses and "bones" and hugs and tucking them in. I love putting Caden down especially. It is the one time a day that it is just he and I and we can chat and sing and love each other uninterrupted.

Every night I ask Caden which song he would like to sing and he always says "tinkle, tinkle tar" and "jesus, bumbeam" (Twinkle twinkle little start and Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam). So together we sing both of these songs every night. Some nights I just let him sing them to me, I get a kick out of an almost 2 year old singing every word! After we sing we snuggle and talk about the day. We go over what we did, we talk about who loves us, and we say a little prayer. Then my time ends with lots and lots of kisses on my nose. I put him in bed tell him good night only to hear a "see ya soon" from him. Is there anything better?

The other night while we were talking about our day Caden grabbed my face with his 2 little hands to get my full attention. He looked me in the eyes and says, "mama, you bootiful". Nothing like a the innocence of a 2 year old to make me feel so special. To make sure I heard him right I said, "do you think I am beatiful?" "uh, huh" is what he said as his eyes got really big. Then he starts stroking my head and says, "you hair bootiful"

It made my day! I love my kids! I love being a mom! There is nothing better on this planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment